COVID-19: Impact on Yard Sales
The onset of warm weather brings with it the weekend tradition of yard sales. Top of mind for many of us right now is whether or not yard sales are permitted to take place during this unprecedented Coronavirus global pandemic. The short answer to this question is, yes, but with conditions set down by the New Brunswick Government. Here’s what the Emergency Measures Organization has told the Village of Salisbury:
- Yard sales can occur during the current phase of the NB Recovery Plan, but everyone still must follow the Order (ie. State of Emergency directives):
- Landowner must prevent gatherings of more than 10 people, including themselves.
- Yard sale can be outside only.
- Homeowners cannot allow buyers into their homes.
- Buyers and sellers must wear masks if they cannot maintain a 2 metre distance from one another.
- Buyers and sellers are advised to follow disinfection practices and guidelines of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health.